If you’re doing a deep clean on your home, preparing for guests, or just sprucing things up, you’ll appreciate these housekeeping tips and tricks.
Sterilize Your Cleaning Supplies
You can use single use cleaning cloths to make sure your cleaning supplies are always clean, but doing so will cost you a lot more than utilizing reusable sponges and cloths. The bad news is once you’ve used your sponges once, they have a tendency to collect bacteria. The good news is there’s an easy solution. Just toss your wet sponges and cloths in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds to kill any bacteria.
Clean Your Coffee or Teapot with Denture Tablets
Denture tablets are surprisingly versatile. One of their hidden talents is cleaning coffee carafes and teapots. To use this hack follow the steps outlined below.
- Fill your coffee or teapot with warm water.
- Drop one or two denture tablets into the water.
- Wait for the tablets to stop fizzing.
- Empty the pot, rinse it out, and admire the sparkling clean pot.
Clean Windows and Mirrors with Vinegar and Newspaper
If you use cloths and glass cleaner to clean the glass throughout your house, it will likely leave streaks. Instead use vinegar to clean your windows and mirrors and wipe them down with old newspapers.
- Make a cleaning solution in a spray bottle. Use 1 part vinegar and 1 part water.
- Shake the mixture to fully combine it, then spray it on your window or mirror.
- Wipe down the surface with newspaper.
You might also like: Get Going In The 2023 Nissan Rogue
Remove Steal Stains with Lemon and Salt
Hard water creates stains on faucets and stainless steel appliances. To remove it you can use a scrub made out of salt and lemon. The citric acid from the lemon will cut through most of the grime and the salt will help scrub it away.
- Slice a lemon in half.
- Sprinkle salt over the area you want to clean.
- With the fleshy part of the lemon half facing downward, use the lemon like you would a sponge or cleaning cloth to clean the area.
- Rinse the surface with warm water.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.