No one likes having to get out and about in icy weather. Your car feels the same way. You can hardly blame your car for wanting to stay put when its cold outside. Use these icy weather car hacks to be proactive this winter and better prepare yourself, and your car, for the cold season!
- Germ-X- Adding just a drop of hand sanitizer to your door locks will almost instantly unfreeze them. The alcohol in the hand sanitized will melt the ice and get you on the road faster.
- Cooking Spray- Spray a nice layer of cooking spray all over the hinges and inside of your car doors to prevent them from freezing and sticking together.
- Drinking Straw- Use a drinking straw to blow warm air on the locks of your car. The warmth of your breath will quickly and efficiently melt the ice surrounding the lock.
- Shaving Cream- Spread a layer of shaving cream all over your windshield, let it sit for a minute, then wipe it away. This will leave a film on the windshield that will keep the fog away!
- Kitty Litter- Fill an old sock full of kitty litter and place it somewhere obscure inside your vehicle. The kitty litter will absorb moisture inside the vehicle to help prevent a foggy windshield.
- Clean Out Your Trash- Make sure to get all water bottles out of your car each evening before you park your car for the night. These bottles let off moisture that can fog up your windshield.
You might also like: Spice Up Your Leftovers With These Yummy Recipes
- Clothes- Leave a rain jacket or coat, thick socks, gloves, scarves, and whatever else you like to wear in the wintertime inside your trunk so that if you’re stranded somewhere due to icy roads, you will have the clothing items you need to weather the storm.
- Battery Pack- Get a hefty battery pack for your vehicle that can jump off your car and charge your electronics in case you’re stranded in the snow!
- Emergency Kit- Get yourself a small bag or box to fill with everything you might need in case you get stranded on the side of the road. Non-perishable snacks, a first aid kid, and a blanket are all good items to keep inside your trunk for just-in-case scenarios.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.