Are you getting ready to serve a crowd this holiday season? If you are, you may be on the hunt for some fun, new holiday dessert recipes! Check out this Layered Candy Cane Dessert! This make-ahead dessert only takes about 25 minutes to create plus at least a 4-hour chilling period. It serves up to 24 people, so it is perfect for family gatherings, festive work parties, or get togethers with your best pals. This recipe has the perfect mix of minty freshness and chocolatey sweetness that creates a winter wonderland inside your mouth.
What You Need
- 7 regular sized candy canes
- 1 package of Oreo cookies
- 1 package of softened cream cheese
- 2 packages of instant white chocolate pudding
- 1 carton (12 ounces) of frozen whipped topping
- 6 Tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 tablespoons of 2% milk
- 2 & 3/4 cups of cold 2% milk
- 1/4 cup of sugar
You might also like: Spice Up Your Leftovers With These Yummy Recipes
What To Do
- Crush the entire package of Oreo cookies until fine crumbs form. Pro tip- use a food processor to make this go more smoothly!
- Add in melted butter until you have a thicker, combined texture.
- Press the Oreo/butter mixture all across the bottom of a 13×9 inch baking dish. This is your crust.
- Place that baking dish in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling to begin the cooling process.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and milk together until the mixture is smooth.
- Add 1 cup of frosted whipped topping to the mixture.
- Crush the 7 candy canes. Add 1/2 of the crushed candies to the mixture.
- Spread the filling mixture over the crust that has been cooling in the refrigerator.
- Whisk pudding mix and milk together for 2 minutes. Spread this over the filling mixture that you created in step 5.
- Spread remaining frozen whipped topping on top of everything.
- Let your dessert chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining crushed candy cane pieces just before you are ready to serve!
If you love this recipe, you might want to check out the Holiday Cornflake Cookies, Cream Cheese Candies, or Homemade Peanut Butter Cups all here in easy Christmas desserts for a crowd!